1. Choose a suitable venue and warehouse; 2. Reasonable stacking, advanced first; 3. Packaging and protective layers of protective materials; 4. Keep warehouse clean and strengthen material maintenance.
What are the precautions for storing seamless steel pipes?
1. Choose a suitable venue and warehouse
(1) The site or warehouse for storing seamless steel pipes should be selected in a clean and well-drained place,Guest Posting away from factories and mines that generate harmful gases or dust. Weeds and all debris should be removed from the site, and the steel pipe should be kept clean.
(2) Do not stack with acid, alkali, salt, cement and other materials that are corrosive to steel pipes in the warehouse. Different varieties of steel pipes should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion.
(3) Some small steel pipes, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel sheets, small-diameter or thin-walled steel pipes, various cold-rolled, cold-drawn steel pipes and metal products with high prices and easy corrosion can be stored in storage.
(4) The warehouse should be selected according to the geographical conditions. Generally, an ordinary closed warehouse is used, that is, a warehouse with a roof, walls, tight doors and windows, and a ventilation device.
(5) The warehouse is required to pay attention to ventilation in sunny days, and close it to prevent moisture in rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment.
2. Reasonable stacking, advanced first
(1) The principle of stacking is to stack according to the variety and specification under the condition of stable stacking and ensuring safety. Different varieties of materials should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and mutual corrosion.
(2) It is forbidden to store items that are corrosive to steel pipes near the stacking position.
(3) The bottom of the stack should be raised, firm and flat to prevent the material from being damp or deformed.
(4) The same materials are stacked separately according to the order of storage, which is convenient to implement the principle of advanced first
(5) The stacking height should not exceed 1.2m for manual work, 1.5m for mechanical work, and 2.5m for stack width.
(6) There should be a certain channel between the stacks, the inspection channel is generally 0.5m, and the access channel depends on the size of the material and the transportation machinery, generally 1.5 ~ 2.0m.
(7) The bottom of the stack should be raised. If the warehouse is on a sunny cement floor, it can be raised by 0.1m; if it is a mud floor, it must be raised by 0.2-0.5m. If it is an open field, the cement floor should be raised 0.3 to 0.5m, and the sand and mud surface should be raised 0.5 to 0.7m.
(8) The angle steel and channel steel should be stacked in the open air, that is, the mouth should be facing down, the I-beam should be placed upright, and the I-groove surface of the steel pipe should not be facing upwards, so as to avoid water rusting.
3. Packaging and protective layers of protective materials
The preservatives or other plating and packaging applied by the steel mill before leaving the factory are important measures to prevent the material from rusting. During the transportation, loading and unloading, care must be taken to protect it from damage, which can prolong the storage period of the material.
4. Keep warehouse clean and strengthen material maintenance
(1) Before the materials are put into storage, attention should be paid to prevent rain or impurities from being mixed in. For the materials that have been rained or soiled, different methods should be used according to their properties, such as wire brushes for high hardness, and cloth for low hardness. , cotton, etc.
(2) After the material is put into storage, it should be checked frequently. If there is rust, the rust layer should be removed.
(3) Generally, after the surface of the steel pipe is cleaned, it is not necessary to apply oil, but for high-quality steel, alloy thin steel plate, thin-walled pipe, alloy steel pipe, etc., after derusting, the inner and outer surfaces should be coated with anti-rust oil before storage.
(4) For steel pipes with severe corrosion, it is not suitable for long-term storage after rust removal, and should be used as soon as possible.